- Contribution of rural women: Paying tribute to the fundamental role of rural women in family farming and their leading role towards building a sustainable future.
- Contribution of youth: Emphasizing the importance of involving young people in agriculture to ensure the continuity and sustainability of the family farming model.
- Contribution of family farming in climate action: Capturing how family farming is adapting to and tackling the challenges of climate change, as a key part of the solution.
PRIZES:The WRF has prepared exciting prizes for the winners of the contest. The winning piece will be invited to travel to Bilbao to participate in the VIII Global Conference on Family Farming, which will be held on March 19-21, 2024. Additionally, the 10 best pieces will be reproduced and exhibited during the Conference – an incredible opportunity to be seen by authorities, world leaders and family farming advocates. There will also be a special public prize in which WRF social media followers will be able to vote for their favorite photo among the 10 shortlisted pieces. The winner of this special prize will receive 300€ worth of Family Farming products, directly supporting family farmers.
- The contest is open to participants over 18 years of age of all nationalities.
- Each participant will be able to submit a máximum of 5 pieces in any of the 3 subtopics.
- Photographies must be originals and must not have been awarded in other contests.
- Pieces can be in colour or black and white.
- Photos must be emailed to email@example.com including the full name of the participant, their country of origin and the corresponding subtopic.
- The deadline for submitting pieces to the contest is on October 31st, 2023.
- The jury will be composed of four leaders of regional organizations representing more than 35 million family farmers across 5 continents, and a representative of the World Rural Forum.
- The jury will shortlist 10 pieces based on creativity, technical quality and representativeness criteria, to later be reproduced and exhibited at the VIII Global Conference.
- Winners will be announced on the website ruralforum.org, the WRF’s social networks and will also be contacted by email.
PARTICIPATE AND BECOME PART OF THE CHANGE! If you are a family farming advocate, a photography enthusiast and are concerned by the future of the planet, this is your chance! Participate in the International Photo Contest of the World Rural Forum and help us emphasize the key role of family farming in the sustainability of our planet. We look forward to receiving your photos and showing the world the beauty and importance of family farming! Good luck to all participants!