The Asian Farmers’ Association for Sustainable Rural Development (AFA) celebrates its two decades of empowering small-scale farmers in Asia with a series of events from October 18-22, 2022 in Metro Manila, Philippines.
With the theme “Forward, Family Farmers, for a Healthy People and Planet,” AFA will hold its 10th General Assembly and 20th Anniversary Celebration during the five-day event series in Golden Phoenix Hotel, Pasay City, Philippines. It is co-hosted by the Philippine Family Farmers’ Agriculture Fishery Forestry Cooperatives Federation (AgriCOOPh) and Pambansang Kilusan ng mga Samahan ng mga Magsasaka (PAKISAMA) and it will be conducted in hybrid modality, as guests who cannot join in person can still attend via Zoom.
Representatives from different organizations across Asia will be attending the five-day event series. Below is the schedule of activities:
- October 18 a.m.: Women and Young Farmers Committees’ Meeting
- October 18 p.m.: Regional Learning Exchange on Biopesticides and Digital Agriculture, in a hybrid format
- October 19: Field Visit
- October 20, 09:00-15:00: AFA 10th General Assembly
- October 20, 17:00 – 21:00: AFA 20th Year Celebration
- October 21-22: Workshop on Pathways to Climate Resilience, in a hybrid format
Also part of the five-day event series is the 2022 Family Farmers Fair which will be held on October 20-21, 2022 and which aims to showcase products, achievements, best practices, and agricultural innovations of AFA members. The fair includes an exhibit of products, success stories, and photos.
Source: AFA website
Photo: (c) AFA