December 3, 2020 at 9:25 am #1495Edmund CentenoModerator
Good day! How are you doing today?
We have read your needs assessment and we thought that your group did a very good job in gathering data. Please take note that it is not yet a packaged “Needs Assessment Report” but we believe that you have enough data which can be your basis in developing the ComDev strategy and action plan for PAKISAMA.
Can you share some of your experiences in conducting the needs assessment? What challenges did you encounter in gathering data? Based on the data that you have collected, can you identify 1-3 priority topics for ComDev strategy development?
- This topic was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Edmund Centeno.
- This topic was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by Edmund Centeno.
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.December 7, 2020 at 6:15 pm #1538John Mervin EmbateModerator
Discussion Topic No. 2: Identifying key issues and priority topics
Greetings from ComDev Asia!
This is JM and Louise, your coaching facilitators for the ComDev strategy plan of PAKISAMA.
We shall now focus on the first step of the ComDev Strategy Design process. Step 1 is where we will identify key development issues and priority topics to be addressed in PAKISAMA’s ComDev plan. Before we start, let us review briefly Step 1.
Step 1: Identifying the Key Issue or Problem
Kindly take note of the following key messages about identifying the key issue or problem.
• The identified problem must be a “real” issue or problem.
• The problem should have been expressed by concerned stakeholders or members of your organization.
• The problem must be prioritized because the ComDev plan should address one specific issue at a time for ease of planning
• The problem should be anchored on an existing or a new program or project of your organization.
• A plan that is generic is not strategic.
• Comdev planning is an evidence-based process; the decision to take is always defined by data obtained from the ground.
Setting the Context and Topic for your ComDev Plan
• Choose one existing development program or project of your organization, especially one that does not have a strategic communication plan. You may also opt to select a new development program or project which needs a ComDev plan.
• Read and review the project document.
• From the project document (as source of secondary data), get the list of development issues or needs being addressed or solved through the project.
• Given the list, discuss among your concerned colleagues which of the three problems or issues is priority 1.
• Based on the identified problem, think of a tentative title or topic for your ComDev Plan.
Here are examples of topics or titles of your plan:
a. ComDev Plan in Support of the Coastal Climate Resilient Infrastructure Project
b. Strategic ComDev Plan for Resilient and Sustainable Aquaculture
c. ComDev Strategy Plan for to Enhance Youth Involvement in Agriculture Cooperatives for Sustainable Development
• Fill up the topic and column 1 on Main Issue of your ComDev Strategy Matrix (see attached file).
To prepare you in identifying the priority issue and topic of your ComDev plan, post your brief answers to the questions below. Once you have posted them, we (your facilitators) will respond to your answer.
• What are the main development needs, opportunities, and possible solutions existing as perceived by local stakeholders?
• Which of these can be addressed best by communication?
• Identify one key development issue that you intend to address in your ComDev strategy.
We are excited to read your answers and to assist you develop the priority issue and topic of your ComDev Plan. Let’s engage in Topic 2 Discussion! Your output will be the statement of your priority topic and main issue.`
- This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by Edmund Centeno.
- This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by John Mervin Embate.
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.December 18, 2020 at 10:52 am #1583John Mervin EmbateModerator
Hi, everyone! You may access the recording of yesterday’s ComDev Asia Training Wrap Up Session using this link. Insights from the discussion and sharing yesterday can help you develop and polish the ComDev strategy you’re planning for PAKISAMA. Let us know if you need any assistance. We would be happy to be of help. Thank you, and we hope to hear from you soon.
- The topic ‘PAKISAMA’ is closed to new replies.